Re: Getting rid of SQLValueFunction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Getting rid of SQLValueFunction
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 12:34:23PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> A sticky point is that this would need the creation of a pg_proc entry
> for "user" which is a generic word, or a shortcut around
> FigureColnameInternal().  The code gain overall still looks appealing
> in the executor, even if we do all that and the resulting backend code
> gets kind of nicer and easier to maintain long-term IMO.

I have looked at that, and the attribute mapping remains compatible
with past versions once the appropriate pg_proc entries are added.
The updated patch set attached does that (with a user() function as
well to keep the code a maximum simple), with more tests to cover the
attribute case mentioned upthread.
--
Michael

Attachment