Re: pg_upgrade test failure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_upgrade test failure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 09:47:37AM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> * Server 2019, as used on CI, still uses the traditional NT semantics
> (unlink is asynchronous, when all handles closes)
> * the fix I proposed has the right effect (I will follow up with tests
> to demonstrate)

Wow, nice investigation.  And cirrus does not offer a newer option
either..  Do you think that Windows server 2022 (successor of 2019) is
able to use POSIX semantics for unlink()?  It looks that we are a few
years away from being able to do that assuming that cirrus offers a
newer version than server 2019, but I guess that the code could
mention this possibility in a comment, at least..
--
Michael

Attachment