Re: PostgreSQL Advocacy, Thoughts and Comments - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Randolf Richardson
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Advocacy, Thoughts and Comments
Date
List pgsql-general
[sNip]
> I was recently made moderator of the Database section at Dev Shed
> Forums, where I have hopefully had a hand in explaining PostgreSQL to
> more than a few developers. Based on what I am seeing, I sincerely
> believe PostgreSQL is going to get LOT more recognition over the next
> couple of years. This is especially the case if a few of us start
> presenting *positive explanatory material*, in addition to the
> comparisons to other DBMSs. The sad fact is, most developers need to be
> educated in the basics, just to be able to understand what the benefits
> are.
[sNip]

        What will also be helpful is for people to see working systems in
action that use PostgreSQL in the backend.  I've got a few projects that are
in the works, but nothing that's ready for public consumption yet (but once I
do, I will certainly let the Advocacy group know about it and will be
included a link from a section of the web site to both the PostgreSQL home
page and the Advocacy page).

--
Randolf Richardson - rr@8x.ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Please do not eMail me directly when responding
to my postings in the newsgroups.