Re: Triggers, Stored Procedures, PHP. was: Re: PostgreSQL Advocacy, Thoughts and Comments - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Randolf Richardson
Subject Re: Triggers, Stored Procedures, PHP. was: Re: PostgreSQL Advocacy, Thoughts and Comments
Date
Re: Triggers, Stored Procedures, PHP. was: Re: PostgreSQL
List pgsql-general
>>In dealing with web applications and frontends to database or
>>even just a dynamic web site PHP has every bit the power and ability that
>>Java does and the development time is way down.
>
> Uh, how about threads.  I know that you don't need them much but it sure
> would be nice to be able to do background processing.
[sNip]

        PHP doesn't support threads?  I've always thought of Forking as
overkill where threads are light and elegant.

--
Randolf Richardson - rr@8x.ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Please do not eMail me directly when responding
to my postings in the newsgroups.