RE: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Peter,

> FYI, here is a test script that is using the current patch (v6) to
> demonstrate a way to share table data between different numbers of
> nodes (up to 5 of them here).

Thanks for sharing your script! It's very helpful for us.

While reading your script, however, I had a question about it.
Line 121-122, you defined subscriptions for 2-nodes cluster:

psql -p $port_N1 -c "create subscription sub12 connection 'port=$port_N2' publication pub2 with ($copy_force);"
psql -p $port_N2 -c "create subscription sub21 connection 'port=$port_N1' publication pub1 with ($copy_force);"

But I was not sure it works well.
N2 already have shared data from N1 when subscription sub21 is created.
Did you assume that the initial copying is not so quick and
data synchronization will be not done when creating sub21?

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED