RE: PGdoc: add missing ID attribute to create_subscription.sgml - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
Subject RE: PGdoc: add missing ID attribute to create_subscription.sgml
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Peter,

Thank you for reviewing. PSA new version.

> ////////
> v3-0001
> ////////
>
> This patch looks good, but I think there are a couple of other places
> where you could add links:
>
> ~~~
>
> 1.1 doc/src/sgml/logical-replication.sgml (31.5 Conflicts)
>
> "When the streaming mode is parallel, the finish LSN ..."
>
> Maybe you can add a "streaming" link there.

Added. It could not be detected because this is not tagged as <literal>.

> 1.2. doc/src/sgml/logical-replication.sgml (31.5 31.8. Monitoring)
>
> "Moreover, if the streaming transaction is applied in parallel, there
> may be additional parallel apply workers."
>
> Maybe you can add a "streaming" link there.

Added.

> ////////
> v3-0002
> ////////
>
> There is one bug, and I think there are a couple of other places where
> you could add links:
>
> ~~~
>
> 2.1 doc/src/sgml/logical-replication.sgml (31.4. Column Lists blurb)
>
> For partitioned tables, the publication parameter
> publish_via_partition_root determines which column list is used.
>
> ~
>
> Maybe you can add a "publish_via_partition_root" link there.

Added. I'm not sure why I missed it...

> 2.2 doc/src/sgml/logical-replication.sgml (31.6. Restrictions)
>
> Publications can also specify that changes are to be replicated using
> the identity and schema of the partitioned root table instead of that
> of the individual leaf partitions in which the changes actually
> originate (see CREATE PUBLICATION).
>
> ~
>
> Maybe that text can be changed now to say something like "(see
> publish_via_partition_root parameter of CREATE PUBLICATION)” -- so
> only the parameter part has the link, not the CREATE PUBLICATION part.

Seems better, added.

> 2.3 doc/src/sgml/logical-replication.sgml (31.9. Security)
>
> +   subscription <link
> linkend="sql-createpublication-for-all-tables"><literal>FOR ALL
> TABLES</literal></link>
> +   or <link
> linkend="sql-createpublication-for-tables-in-schema"><literal>FOR
> SCHEMA</literal>
> +   only when superusers trust every user permitted to create a non-temp table
> +   on the publisher or the subscriber.
>
> There is a cut/paste typo here -- it renders badly with "FOR TABLES IN
> SCHEMA" appearing 2x.

That's my fault, fixed.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda