RE: Global snapshots - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: Global snapshots
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Andrey san,

From: Andrey V. Lepikhov <a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru>> > From: tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
<tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com>
> >> While Clock-SI seems to be considered the best promising for global
> Microsoft holds this until 2031.  I couldn't find this with the keyword
> "Clock-SI.""
> >

> > US8356007B2 - Distributed transaction management for database systems
> with multiversioning - Google Patents
> > https://patents.google.com/patent/US8356007
> >

> > If it is, can we circumvent this patent?
> >>
> Thank you for the research (and previous links too).
> I haven't seen this patent before. This should be carefully studied.

I wanted to ask about this after I've published the revised scale-out design wiki, but I'm taking too long, so could
youshare your study results?  I think we need to make it clear about the patent before discussing the code.  After we
hearyour opinion, we also have to check to see if Clock-SI is patented or avoid it by modifying part of the algorithm.
Justin case we cannot use it, we have to proceed with thinking about alternatives.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa