Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Configuration problems in PostgreSQ L 6.3.2 on Linux-ELF - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Maarten Boekhold
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Configuration problems in PostgreSQ L 6.3.2 on Linux-ELF
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Constantin Teodorescu wrote:
>
> > Meskes, Michael wrote:
> > >
> > > How about removing LINUX_ELF from all Makefile.in's?
> > >

> > Removing ??? Why removing it ???
> >
> > You mean that removing the ifdef's containing LINUX_ELF and making 'by
> > default' the shared libraries all the time.
>
>     There has to be a better method of determining this...doesn't
> there?  Is there a test we can add to configure to auto-determine an 'ELF'
> system?  Then just change the makefile so that it gets rid of the
> LINUX_ELF "stuff" with something that configure sets?

file /lib/libc$(DLSUFFIX) | grep ELF

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |