Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Configuration problems in PostgreSQ L 6.3.2 on Linux-ELF - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Configuration problems in PostgreSQ L 6.3.2 on Linux-ELF
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Configuration problems in PostgreSQ L 6.3.2 on Linux-ELF
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Constantin Teodorescu wrote:

> Meskes, Michael wrote:
> >
> > How about removing LINUX_ELF from all Makefile.in's?
> >

> Removing ??? Why removing it ???
>
> You mean that removing the ifdef's containing LINUX_ELF and making 'by
> default' the shared libraries all the time.

    There has to be a better method of determining this...doesn't
there?  Is there a test we can add to configure to auto-determine an 'ELF'
system?  Then just change the makefile so that it gets rid of the
LINUX_ELF "stuff" with something that configure sets?

    There, try that.  I have it so that if 'with-template' is
linux_elf, it sets LINUX_ELF to yes in both Makefile's...let me know if
that does it for you...