Re: [HACKERS] postgres initdb on ALPHA/Digital Unix - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Maarten Boekhold
Subject Re: [HACKERS] postgres initdb on ALPHA/Digital Unix
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > I have already posted this problem to the pgsql-ports mailing list,
> > but it is less that totally evident from our remote location what is
> > the best strategy, so I await developments here on 64 bit issues with
> > interest.

>     Hell, if it helps any, I'll do the manual aspect of this if
> someone wants to give me access to their machine, and try to work with
> Bruce on this *shrug*

Does this problem only appear on ALPHA machines or also on other 64 bit
architectures? I might be able to find a 64 bit machine on my university
on which I can do a compile/initdb/gdb run if that helps....

sparc stations 20 are 32 bits aren't they? Then that machine does not
qualify. We are getting an ultra-sparc soon though, and there might be
some alpha's around.

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |