Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha (repost) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pedro J. Lobo
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha (repost)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I'm reposting this, since the first reply didn't make it to the list.

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> I created a small program to return the size of values.  They are:
>>
>> Size of short: 2
>> Size of char:  1
>> Size of int:   4
>> Size of long:  8
>>
>> Does this help?
>
>Yep.  Does anyone else run OS's with the size of long greater than int?
>Does Dec Unix Alpha?  Are people running that?

Yes, I'm running PostgreSQL since the 6.0 days, now 6.2.1p6, on a DEC
Alpha with Digital Unix 3.2c, and it has always worked like a charm. I use
the DEC C compiler, if it makes any difference. The type sizes are exactly
those above.

    Pedro.

Pedro José Lobo Perea                   Tel:    +34 1 336 78 19
Centro de Cálculo                       Fax:    +34 1 331 92 29
EUIT Telecomunicación - UPM             e-mail: pjlobo@euitt.upm.es