Re: BUG #1643: dbf2pg broken + quick fix - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Boris van Schooten
Subject Re: BUG #1643: dbf2pg broken + quick fix
Date
List pgsql-bugs
It only does the integer check for numbers of type integer (when # of
decimals = 0), noninteger numbers are not checked in any way.  If
isinteger returns 0, the program does give a warning, suggesting it thinks
it detected an illegal field rather than a null field.  Contrary to the
isinteger check on dates, which does not give a warning, though it does
enter a null.  On dates the check makes sense because dates are always 8
digits long and have no blank padding like numbers.  See the spec.

http://www.dbase.com/KnowledgeBase/int/db7_file_fmt.htm

Don't know anything about nulls in dbf though.  I am not a dbase expert, I
just run into dbfs often when trying to enter gis data into postgis.

Kind regards,
Boris van Schooten