Re: Postgres-7.0.2 optimization question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igor V. Rafienko
Subject Re: Postgres-7.0.2 optimization question
Date
List pgsql-general
on Oct 13, 2000, 17:26, Marko Kreen std::cout'ed:

| On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 02:05:18PM +0200, Igor V. Rafienko wrote:
| > I tried vacuumdb --analyze. It did not help. I tried creating an index on
|
| If I parse right this is excactly VACUUM without ANALYZE
| because '--' is SQL comment start ... no?

Ehh... no. Not quite:

$ ./vacuumdb --help | grep analyze
vacuumdb cleans and analyzes a PostgreSQL database.
  -z, --analyze                   Update optimizer hints
$

The analyze was performed from outside the database via vacuumdb command,
not via VACUUM command in the psql.

ivr
--
Everybody has to have a philosophy. Some people believe in laissez
faire economics, others believe in reincarnation. Some people even