Re: Postgres-7.0.2 optimization question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Wolfe
Subject Re: Postgres-7.0.2 optimization question
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 02:05:18PM +0200, Igor V. Rafienko wrote:
> > I tried vacuumdb --analyze. It did not help. I tried creating an index
on

> If I parse right this is excactly VACUUM without ANALYZE
> because '--' is SQL comment start ... no?

  "vacuumdb" is invoked at the shell, not in an SQL editor, so "--analyze"
is just an argument passed to the vacuumdb program, causing it to analyze as
it vacuums.  "vacuumdb --help" tells you all of the nifty arguments. : )

steve