Re: ANSI SQL-99 SYNTAX and "WITH" - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Yasir Malik
Subject Re: ANSI SQL-99 SYNTAX and "WITH"
Date
List pgsql-sql
> Good morning,afternoon, and evening Everyone,
>
> My research into PostgreSQL documentation has yet to yeild any information about PostgreSQL's support of ANSI SQL-99
syntax,and in particular, the "WITH" clause - which if I understand correctly, allows recursive joins in simple syntax
withoutthe use of cursors and/or otherwise klugey SQL.

> As you may have guessed, I hope PostgreSQL currently supports the "WITH" clause syntax or, will at least support it
imminently.

No, PostgreSQL does not support the WITH clause.  I wanted to use the WITH
clause in an assignment, but I ended up using a view.  Maybe that will
work for you.

Yasir