Re: ANSI SQL-99 SYNTAX and "WITH" - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: ANSI SQL-99 SYNTAX and "WITH"
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 15:37:41 -0400, Rein Petersen <rp2969@hotmail.com> wrote:
> My research into PostgreSQL documentation has yet to yeild any information about PostgreSQL's support of ANSI SQL-99
syntax,and in particular, the "WITH" clause - which if I understand correctly, allows recursive joins in simple syntax
withoutthe use of cursors and/or otherwise klugey SQL.

> As you may have guessed, I hope PostgreSQL currently supports the "WITH" clause syntax or, will at least support it
imminently.

Postgres doesn't currently support that. Someone was working on it a while
back, but I haven't heard anything lately, so I don't know if some version
of it is going to be in the next release.