Re: patch for COPY - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Michael Adler
Subject Re: patch for COPY
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Kris Jurka wrote:
> One of the failings of the copy protocol is that on error basically the
> connection is hosed.  Is it possible to reset the connection state on
> error for the user?

Assuming the rest of the driver can support this behavior, I'm guess that
we should make this optional.

> Also are there plans to support other elements of the COPY syntax?  For
> example NULL AS, OIDS, and column lists.

Yes. My current thinking is to provide a method that takes an arbitrary
COPY command. This also gives us backwards compatibility since the command
syntax has changed from 7.2 to 7.3.

Mike Adler