Re: Row Limit on tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Curt Sampson
Subject Re: Row Limit on tables
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, Doug Fields wrote:

> FYI... The Escalade controller configured as you suggest here is known to
> do 125-145mb/sec at least...

When doing database stuff, you're most likely to run into the number
of I/Os per second limit long before the bandwidth limit.

On my queries, an IDE drive perfectly cable of transferring 30
MB/sec. ends up transferring more like two or three, because it
can't do more than about 140 reads per second, and the reads are
only 16K.

cjs