Re: Row Limit on tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug Fields
Subject Re: Row Limit on tables
Date
List pgsql-general
>It's way, way too easy these days to run up a terrabyte of RAID-5
>storage. One Escalade 7850 controller ($500) plus eight 160 GB drives
>($250 each) sets you out about $2500. But the problem is, all this
>storage often doesn't have the I/O bandwidth you need actually to make
>use of it....

FYI... The Escalade controller configured as you suggest here is known to
do 125-145mb/sec at least... Much faster than any single IDE. (I use
Escalades until very recently when I had to switch to SCSI for just that
last bit more of performance.)

Cheers,

Doug