Re: AW: [HACKERS] Solution to the pg_user passwd problem !?? (c) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: AW: [HACKERS] Solution to the pg_user passwd problem !?? (c)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > The command
> > copy pg_user to stdout;
> >
> > will also show the cleartext password and I think it is hard to do a rewrite
> > here,
> > since this would also affect the pg_dump ?
> >
> > * Teardrops keep falling on my head ... *  :-(
>
> It was brilliant, even if it doesn't fully solve the problem.

    It solves enough of the problem for v6.3's release...I still think
its important to get it so that a 'grant select' can be imposed on a view
that looks at a table that as a 'revoke all' on it...this would fix the
problem cleanly, and completely...

    Then you could do a 'copy all_users to stdout;' vs a 'copy
pg_users to stdout;'