Re: Problem with site doc search - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: Problem with site doc search
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sergey Karpov prepared contrib/extend_parser, which we intend to use for
indexing pg-related documents. It handles '_' properly, so if anybody
interested, we could post it. Also, it can be useful  for playing, since
it's standalone contrib module.

Oleg

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, Richard Huxton wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> I didn't do anything, but possibly it got fixed by a different upgrade
>>> at some point, and the recrawling of the sites.
>>
>> Oops, maybe it isn't fixed. I tried "pg_standby" and it seemed to work
>> but "pg" and "standby" returns the same results.
>>
>> Is that correct?  How do I test this?
>
> The default is to split words on underscore, so it's probably doing what it
> always did. Try "to_tsquery" and you should see it matching "tsquery"
> (probably "to" is a stopword).
>
> I did put together a custom parser that allowed underscore in words, but
> given my extensive "C" experience in the last decade (one tsearch parser) you
> don't want to just plug that into the live site. Someone (Gevik?) was going
> to have a look at it when they had the time, but I'd guess that's the one
> thing none of us have much of.

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83