Re: Problem with site doc search - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Problem with site doc search
Date
Re: Problem with site doc search  (Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> I didn't do anything, but possibly it got fixed by a different upgrade
>> at some point, and the recrawling of the sites.
>
> Oops, maybe it isn't fixed. I tried "pg_standby" and it seemed to work
> but "pg" and "standby" returns the same results.
>
> Is that correct?  How do I test this?

The default is to split words on underscore, so it's probably doing what
it always did. Try "to_tsquery" and you should see it matching "tsquery"
(probably "to" is a stopword).

I did put together a custom parser that allowed underscore in words, but
given my extensive "C" experience in the last decade (one tsearch
parser) you don't want to just plug that into the live site. Someone
(Gevik?) was going to have a look at it when they had the time, but I'd
guess that's the one thing none of us have much of.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd