Re: Text Search Configuration Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: Text Search Configuration Problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Kevin,

it looks like you use UTF-8, so the problem in .aff file, which contains
cyrillic comments :) I converted files into UTF-8 encoding using iconv.

Oleg

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, Kevin Reynolds wrote:

> I'm using Postgresql version 8.3.1 on CentOS 5 and am following the steps in section 12.7 of the documentation for
creatinga custom text search configuration.

>  When I get to the step that says:
>
>  CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY english_ispell (
>    TEMPLATE = ispell,
>    DictFile = english,
>    AffFile = english,
>    StopWords = english
> );
>
>  I get the following error:
>
>  ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe0c020
> HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the encoding expected by the server, which is
controlledby "client_encoding".

>  I'm using the english ispell files from http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/
>
>  Does anyone know how to solve this?

> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83