Re: UDFs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jf
Subject Re: UDFs
Date
Re: UDFs  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
List pgsql-general
> 1. as for installing contrib - usually when you install psotgresql from
> prebuilt binary packages, there is also contrib package. for example on
> ubuntu it is postgresql-contrib-8.2, so simple: apt-get install
> postgresql-contrib-8.2 will install it.

I actually built from source, and just didnt know that crypto wasnt
included until I was already up and running and had gotten far enough into
things that I didn't want to restart.

> as for installation in sql - for every contrib module you get sql
> script. it is usually called <contrib_module>.sql (pgcrypto.sql).
>
> usually it's in: <PREFIX>/share/postgresql/contrib/pgcrypto.sql
> in the database you want to use pgcrypto functions, you simply run this
> sql (as superuser), and that's all.

theory# pwd
/home/jf/postgresql-8.2.4
theory# cd share
bash: cd: share: No such file or directory
theory# pwd
/home/jf/postgresql-8.2.4
theory# ls share
ls: cannot access share: No such file or directory
theory# find ./ -name pgcrypto.sql
theory# cd contrib/pgcrypto/
theory# ls *.sql
uninstall_pgcrypto.sql
theory# ls
Makefile         crypt-blowfish.c  expected   imath.h          mbuf.h
pgcrypto.c       pgp-cfb.c       pgp-info.c          pgp-pgsql.c
pgp-s2k.c   px-crypt.h  random.c      sha1.c  sql
README.pgcrypto  crypt-des.c       fortuna.c  internal-sha2.c  md5.c
pgcrypto.h       pgp-compress.c  pgp-mpi-internal.c  pgp-pubdec.c  pgp.c
px-hmac.c   rijndael.c    sha1.h  uninstall_pgcrypto.sql
blf.c            crypt-gensalt.c   fortuna.h  internal.c       md5.h
pgcrypto.sql.in  pgp-decrypt.c   pgp-mpi-openssl.c   pgp-pubenc.c  pgp.h
px.c        rijndael.h    sha2.c
blf.h            crypt-md5.c       imath.c    mbuf.c           openssl.c
pgp-armor.c      pgp-encrypt.c   pgp-mpi.c           pgp-pubkey.c
px-crypt.c  px.h        rijndael.tbl  sha2.h