Re: UDFs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: UDFs
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 07:36:41PM +0000, jf wrote:
> > usually it's in: <PREFIX>/share/postgresql/contrib/pgcrypto.sql
> > in the database you want to use pgcrypto functions, you simply run this
> > sql (as superuser), and that's all.
>
> theory# pwd
> /home/jf/postgresql-8.2.4
> theory# cd share
> bash: cd: share: No such file or directory

He means the INSTALLPREFIX, which is usually /usr or /usr/local. Your
problem is that you havn't build it yet (run make) which will generate
the actual module and you need to install it to get the scripts into
the right locations.

If you can, I'd suggest installing binary versions of the contrib
modules (it's called postgresql-8.2-contrib in debian for example).
That saves you having to worry about sources, paths, compilations, etc).

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment