Re: Select and Count - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: Select and Count
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Shavonne Marietta Wijesinghe wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a postgresql table and i do a select via ASP
>
> strSQL = "SELECT * FROM " & MioTabella & " WHERE TRIM(date_inserted) >= '" & datainizio & "' AND TRIM(date_inserted)
<='" & datafine & "'"

> oRs.open strSQL,oConn,3
> schede = oRs.RecordCount
>
> Do until oRs.EOF
> sch_sin = cint(sch_sin) + cint(oRs("SCHE_SINGOLA").Value)
> oRs.movenext
> Loop

I know nothing about ASP, but it looks like you are doing a SUM of an int
with, maybe, an array (don't know how ASP defines oRs().Value output).

Keep in mind that you are pulling all the columns of that table (as you
used a * in the column selection).

Just a guess, nothing more then that.

-- 21:50:04 up 2 days,  9:07,  0 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.37, 0.18
Universidad Nacional        |   DBA, Programador,    del Litoral             |   Administrador