Re: Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Re: Anyone know a good opensource CRM that actually installs with Posgtres?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, lneves wrote:

>> I hope that someone has cracked this one because I have run into a brick
>> wall the entire week and after 3 all-nighters with bad installations, I
>> would appreciate hearing from others!

> You could checkout Adempiere wich is a fork of Compiere:
> <http://www.adempiere.com/>

   I'll look at this, too.

   Last year I spent a lot of time seeking a CRM (for sales, not web site
content) that worked with postgres and ended up frustrated. XRMS is supposed
to (it's written in PHP and uses the ADODB interface layer, but since the
company officially supports only mysql, they have too much mysql-specific
code in there.)

   Then there's ZohoCRM, which _does_ use postgres. But, it will work only
with the 8.0.x version they provide. That means we'd have to have both our
current versions and a second full installation of an older version to run
their software.

   I wrote to Zoho about this. Did not get a response. Weeks later I received
an e-mail from someone there asking about my experiences with it. My
response was that I could not install it because no one there told me how to
modify it to use my existing postgres installation. No response to that,
either. I suppose I could look at the code, but I have to spend my time on
my own business and not figure out how to make someone else's project work
here. Why they welded the application to a specific postgres version that
must be installed from their web site I've no idea. Doesn't make any sense
to me.

Rich