Re: argtype_inherit() is dead code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: argtype_inherit() is dead code
Date
Re: argtype_inherit() is dead code
List pgsql-hackers
> Is it really an important area to improve, or are there other
> priorities? I know some people wished we had better support for
> inheritance, but how strong is that wish?

Hello,

From a "people who call me" perspective. I am never asked about
inheritance. Most of the people don't even know it is there.
The requests I get are:

Replication (obviously solved)   Multi-Master Replication (working on it ;))
Table Partitioning (No great solution)
IN/OUT Parameteres (being working on)
Good ODBC driver (Soon to be solved)

I get others of course but those are the ones that seem to raise
their head the most.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., Your PostgreSQL solutions company. 503-667-4564
Custom programming, 24x7 support, managed services, and hosting