Re: A wanna be - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From netmask
Subject Re: A wanna be
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I'm not a postgres developer.. and really, all of this information is on the
postgres website.. But I liked reading PostgreSQL by Korry Douglas and Susan
Douglas (ISBN: 0735712573) which gave me all the information I needed about
PostgreSQL itself as well as the various API's. I found them pretty easy to
understand and use. I'm also a C programmer (novice) and the C api (libpq) is
pretty easy to understand if you understand databases.

However, I seem to work better having hard bound copies I can read in meetings
and carry with me. The online documentation is far superior than some of the
competing products, I would certainly start there.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/libpq.html

-netmask

> Jaime Casanova (systemguards@yahoo.com) composed today:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a young developer with some knowledge in various programming languages including C. Nowadays, i'm not capable to
contributeto any part of the postgresql project but i want seriously learn what i need in order to contribute.