Re: Possible problem with pg_reload_conf() and view pg_settings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Qingqing Zhou
Subject Re: Possible problem with pg_reload_conf() and view pg_settings
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Tony Caduto wrote:

> hmm, I waited for at least 1 minute after doing the reload and it was
> never updated. It seemed at the time that the only way to get a updated
> pg_settings view was to actually restart the server. I plan on doing
> some more testing on Saturday.

Did you set "constraint_exclusion = on", then comment it
"#constraint_exclusion = on" in the .conf file? If so, then
ProcessConfigFile() will ignore this line since it is a comment, instead
of setting back its value to "off". Try to do set "constraint_exclusion =
off" explicitely, see if long delay ever happens.

Btw, is this considered a bug of ProcessConfigFile()? To fix it, we can
call InitializeGUCOptions() somewhere but I am not sure which values
should be untouched, like ConfigFileName ...

Regards,
Qingqing