Re: Possible problem with pg_reload_conf() and view pg_settings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: Possible problem with pg_reload_conf() and view pg_settings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Qingqing Zhou wrote:
>

>> test=# LOG: received SIGHUP, reloading configuration files
>>
>> test=# select setting from pg_settings where name =
>> 'constraint_exclusion';
>> setting
>> ---------
>> off
>> (1 row)
>>
>> test=# select setting from pg_settings where name =
>> 'constraint_exclusion';
>> setting
>> ---------
>> on
>> (1 row)
>>

>> -- Seems that's due to delay of process SIGHUP ...
>>

> What's the delay? 1s? 5? 10?
>
> cheers
>
> andrew

> match

hmm, I waited for at least 1 minute after doing the reload and it was
never updated.
It seemed at the time that the only way to get a updated pg_settings
view was to actually restart the
server. I plan on doing some more testing on Saturday.

Tony