open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore
Date
Re: open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dear hackers,

> I'm happy to do the pg_dump changes, assuming Tom gets the SET stuff sorted
> out.

ISTM that the tablespace handling or ignoring in pg_dump/pg_restore is
still an open issue in current CVS head...  waiting for a proper
implementation after the brain-storming on what seemed to be the
consensus, that is to output a separate
SET DEFAULT TABLESPACE somewhere;

before object creations in the dump/restore command flow.

I've noticed that the item does not seem to appear in Bruce's list, thus
I'm afraid it might be lost for 8.0 where I think it belongs... hence this
little reminder.

Have a nice day,

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho@cri.ensmp.fr