How to get rid of NOTICE: - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From szilva@computer.org
Subject How to get rid of NOTICE:
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Dear All,

Using pg 7.3.4, Sun jvm  1.4.1_02 and either pg73jdbc3.jar or
pg73jdbc2.jar on Linux Debian Woody I experiencing some problems when
creating a table via JDBC.

This statement: CREATE TABLE testtable(
    cd_id serial NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
    cd_structure BYTEA NOT NULL,
    cd_smiles VARCHAR(1000) NULL,
    cd_formula VARCHAR(100) NULL,
    cd_molweight float8 NULL,
    cd_fp1 int4 NOT NULL
);

works fine from rsql, but using JDBC I will have an error:

java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, queries
ignored until end of transaction block
        at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:131)

As far as I can see, it is because when creating the table a NOTICE will
be printed like:

NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence 'asdasd_cd_id_seq' for
SERIAL column 'asdasd.cd_id'
'asdasd_pkey' for table 'asdasd'

that is interpreted as an exception in JDBC. Is there a way to get rid of
this?

Cheers:
Szilva