Re: Need new project admin for unbundled Tcl interface - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From C. Maj
Subject Re: Need new project admin for unbundled Tcl interface
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Jan Wieck waxed:

8<'s

>  From a pure technical point of view I understand that ljb has produced
> a merge of both versions and even worked forward from there already. If
> there isn't any substantial work in the pipeline of the gborg project,
> that we don't see yet and which to present or announce would be the
> right time now, I think that fork has a good chance to succeed.

Besides this thread being half-on and half-off the
interfaces list, I think the only *problem* is that libpgtcl
never got removed from the core.  If libpgtcl were only a
gborg project, then maybe this wouldn't be such a mess.
Instead, it is a mess, because people were getting upset that
two forks of libpgtcl (gborg and core) were not kept in sync.

Now they are sync'd, so why make a third fork ?  Destroy the
core libpgtcl and apply the patch to the gborg version.

--

Chris Maj <cmaj_hat_freedomcorpse_hot_info>
Pronunciation Guide:  Maj == May