Re: libpq_r - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: libpq_r
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Now I see what you are saying, that _REENTRANT just makes it reentrant,

_REENTRANT only makes additional functions visible in the header files, it
doesn't change any functions to behave differently.  (This is not hard to
imagine, because the lack of reentrancy of most functions lies in the
public interface, and you can't change that transparently.)

> and doesn't have a downside in terms of performance.

It follows from the above that this is irrelevant.

> However, notice the flags needed under Linux:
>
>     THREAD_CFLAGS="-D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS"

Those flags are bogus.  You don't need any flags under Linux.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net