Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben
Subject Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only?
Date
Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only?  ("Jim C. Nasby" <decibel@decibel.org>)
List pgsql-general
Ho ho, flame on! :)

My completely annecodal experience with devs which prefer windows over
posix is that the former prods things until they seem to work and accepts
unexplained behavior far more readily than the latter. Do I *really* want
that kind of mentality in my database devs?

Anyway, I think you have the focus wrong. It's not: "run our software on
what we tell you to".... it's more: "we believe this platform is better
than others, so we'll write our free software for that. But if you want to
port it over to the platform of your choice, have fun doing that."