Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug Hall
Subject Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:02:10 -0600, Jim C. Nasby <decibel@decibel.org> wrote:
>... but the fact is there's still a LOT of places
> that are windows shops and a LOT of people who use windows more heavily
> than *nix. More important, the egotism of "If you want to use PostgreSQL
> you better run it on what we tell you to run it on" is certain to turn
> people off of PostgreSQL.

Perhaps someone on the list who knows and uses the different operating
systems could set up a lab, to compare PostgreSQL between them.
Perhaps the latest Windows Server, a popular distribution of Linux,
and Mac OS X?

Has this already been done, with regard to performance?

Doug