Re: DBD::PgSPI 0.02 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From alex@pilosoft.com
Subject Re: DBD::PgSPI 0.02
Date
Re: DBD::PgSPI 0.02
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> alex@pilosoft.com writes:
> > On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> >> . how to turn it on for trusted plperl
>
> > Eh, you don't turn it on. You install the package and it works ;)
>
> Really?  If the plperl Safe opmask allows that, we've got some problems.
Errr my bad. I keep confusing trusted/untrusted. It does not allow it, nor
should it.

The purpose of PgSPI is to write 'middleware' solutions in perl - the idea
is that you can take a piece of existing client-side code and make a
server-side stored procedure out of it in a minute without any changes to
the code.

For quick access from trusted code, spi_exec should just do fine.

-alex