Re: [HACKERS] DBD::PgSPI 0.02 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From alex@pilosoft.com
Subject Re: [HACKERS] DBD::PgSPI 0.02
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Michael Fuhr wrote:

> Using PostgreSQL 8.0.0rc1 and Perl 5.8.6 on FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE and
> Solaris 9, I had to make a couple of changes to get DBD::PgSPI to
> build:
>
> 1. Add -I$POSTGRES_HOME/include/server to Makefile.PL.  Otherwise
> the build fails with:
You should point POSTGRES_HOME to "src" directory of your pgsql tree.

>   In file included from PgSPI.xs:14:
>   PgSPI.h:16:22: postgres.h: No such file or directory
>   PgSPI.h:17:21: funcapi.h: No such file or directory
>   PgSPI.h:18:26: executor/spi.h: No such file or directory
>
> 2. Remove or comment out #include "ppport.h" from PgSPI.h.  Neither of
> my systems have this file and the module builds without it.
Strange that 'make tardist' didn't include it. I'm not sure if its even
required or not to have backward compatibility (to perl 5.4 for example)
or not. Or whether I even care about backward compatibility. I'll remove
it in next release, I suppose.

-alex