Re: more adequate usage msg: pg_controldata.diff - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: more adequate usage msg: pg_controldata.diff
Date
Re: more adequate usage msg: pg_controldata.diff  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian writes:

> > I explained in my last message that this patch is wrong.  Please revert
> > it.  (DATADIR is not an option and therefore it shouldn't be listed in the
> > options list.)
>
> I tried to subtely point out that it is optional.

But the help output is wrong.  It lists DATADIR as an option, which it is
not.  (An option is something like -a or --foo.  The other things are
arguments.)  See my message to Serguei about how to do it better.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net