Re: more adequate usage msg: pg_controldata.diff - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Serguei Mokhov
Subject Re: more adequate usage msg: pg_controldata.diff
Date
List pgsql-patches
Quoting Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>:

> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > > I explained in my last message that this patch is wrong.  Please revert
> > > it.  (DATADIR is not an option and therefore it shouldn't be listed in
> the
> > > options list.)
> >
> > I tried to subtely point out that it is optional.
>
> But the help output is wrong.  It lists DATADIR as an option, which it is
> not.  (An option is something like -a or --foo.  The other things are
> arguments.)  See my message to Serguei about how to do it better.

[optional to comment on]: but aren't options are sort of command-line arguments
as well? ;-)

I don't mind either one of them, just as long as they are more or less
consistent with other tools and so that I can finally translate them :)

-s