Re: droplang doesn't completely work? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: droplang doesn't completely work?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Laurette Cisneros writes:

> 2) On a bkuphost system that has 7.2.2:
>    createdb -T template0 x
>    pg_restore -U xuser -h bkuphost -p 5432 -d x -Fc x.pgdmp
>
>    get error:
>    pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:
>    stat failed on file '/usr/local/pgsql-7.2/lib/plpgsql': No such file or
>    directory

Well, is that file (+ .so) there?  What does this path refer to?  Is it
the correct installation location?

> So, I go back to primary system and
> droplang -d x plperl
>
> I do 1) and 2) again. Same ERROR.

Not surprising, since the error refers to plpgsql, not plperl.

> So, I go back to primary system again, and for database x:
> select proname, probin from pg_proc
>
> and see:
> plperl_call_handler      | $libdir/plperl
>
> Shouldn't this be gone after I droplang?

Maybe you still have plperlu installed, in which case the language handler
is kept.  Otherwise the answer is yes and you should try to see what
droplang is doing wrong.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net