Re: droplang doesn't completely work? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Laurette Cisneros
Subject Re: droplang doesn't completely work?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Laurette Cisneros writes:
>
> > 2) On a bkuphost system that has 7.2.2:
> >    createdb -T template0 x
> >    pg_restore -U xuser -h bkuphost -p 5432 -d x -Fc x.pgdmp
> >
> >    get error:
> >    pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:
> >    stat failed on file '/usr/local/pgsql-7.2/lib/plpgsql': No such file or
> >    directory
>
> Well, is that file (+ .so) there?  What does this path refer to?  Is it
> the correct installation location?

Oops, sent the wrong error message, the message I get is:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  Load of file
/usr/local/pgsql7.2.2/lib/plperl.so failed: libperl.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

And, this is the point, libperl is not installed so I need to get rid of
references to the language.

> > So, I go back to primary system and
> > droplang -d x plperl
> >
> > I do 1) and 2) again. Same ERROR.
>
> Not surprising, since the error refers to plpgsql, not plperl.

Meant to send message for plperl...see above.

> > So, I go back to primary system again, and for database x:
> > select proname, probin from pg_proc
> >
> > and see:
> > plperl_call_handler      | $libdir/plperl
> >
> > Shouldn't this be gone after I droplang?
>
> Maybe you still have plperlu installed, in which case the language handler
> is kept.  Otherwise the answer is yes and you should try to see what
> droplang is doing wrong.

Yep, that was it!  Fixed now!

It's friday that's for sure.

Thanks,