If there a bug in the psql or just a feature . - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vanmunin Chea
Subject If there a bug in the psql or just a feature .
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear all,

I'm currently working on my thesis and I chose psql. What I need to do
is defining a new type in psql.

It should be dynamic array.

| 1 | 2 | 3.0 | 4.5 | 2.1 |  . .. . .

// This one is not working
typedef struct Myindex {double *indexes;int level;int size;
} Myindex

Myindex *
Myindex_in {

}

Myindex *
Myindex_out {However when I try to get back the data. It seems that the lastinsertion always overwrite other previous
insertion.Inparticular, it overwrites all data from 2nd to n-1th record.where n is the number of insertion but not the
firstone.

}

// This one work ok but the idea is to have dynamic array.
// This would defeat the purpose of this new structure.

typedef struct Myindex {       double indexes[10];       int level;       int size;
} Myindex;

Standalone debuging works for both cases.
However psql accepts only the static array.

Could anybody enlight me on this issue, please

regards,
Van