Re: CLUSTER and indisclustered - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: CLUSTER and indisclustered
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane dijo:

> > Tom, should we be updating that flag after we CLUSTER instead of
> > requiring an ANALYZE after the CLUSTER?
>
> Could do that I suppose, but I'm not super-excited about it.  ANALYZE is
> quite cheap these days (especially in comparison to CLUSTER ;-)).  I'd
> settle for a note in the CLUSTER docs that recommends a subsequent
> ANALYZE --- this seems no different from recommending ANALYZE after bulk
> data load or other major update of a table.

What if I [try to] extend the grammar to support an additional ANALYZE
in CLUSTER, so that it analyzes the table automatically? Say

CLUSTER <index> ON <table> [ANALYZE];

Or maybe just do an analyze of the table automatically after the
CLUSTERing.

What does everybody think?

"Para tener mas hay que desear menos"