Re: PostgreSQL.org : A new website design offer - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darren Ferguson
Subject Re: PostgreSQL.org : A new website design offer
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> A few of us have been working on a new look and feel for the main
> www.postgresql.org page.  What we've got so far is viewable at:
>
> http://postgresql.oper.metu.edu.tr
>
> Since it is Turkish, please check what the English layout, which is at :
>
> http://postgresql.social-housing.org/v2

The site looked at

> http://postgresql.social-housing.org/v2/content.php
>
> In Turkish version, in addition to the English one, we have "Downloads"
> and "Users' Area" parts at the top and bottom links. Since we have a
> language file, translation into any language is so easy.
>
> You'll notice that it's mostly a "Portal", as its purpose is as a
> gateway to the various subsites in the PostgreSQL group.
>
> We'd really like to get some feedback about it, as we feel we're getting
> near to a finalised design.
>
> Specifically :
>
>  - Does it look alright in the browsers you use?
Using Mozilla latest 1.1 Alpha looks nice everything rendering a ok

>  - Do you feel it has a decent layout, with a proper
>    usage of space?  Not too crowded, not too much
>    empty space, etc.

Layout i thought was ok but i still have reservations about the 10 select
boxes that are sitting on the right hand side
I think one select and three radio buttons would look better ( only my
opinion though :))

--
Darren Ferguson