Re: new food for the contrib/ directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexandre Dulaunoy
Subject Re: new food for the contrib/ directory
Date
List pgsql-hackers
first comment :

* a special directory with ./contrib/gpl ?

second comment :

* I don't really understand your position regarding the GNU General Public  License. The GPL is offering multiple
advantagesfor a big project and  software like PostgreSQL. For example :

* Contribution back to the main tree more easy if redistribution.          (like HP and Samba team are doing, copyright
holderremains samba team)

* More easy to get a RF (Royalty Free) license from a patent          owner. (this is guarantee for him that it will
notgo back to           proprietary software where it's not a RF license) (like the          UB-Trees)

* A possible bigger audience.

Dual licensing is also an alternative but could be a real mess.

It's just idea.

alx