Re: How does Index Scan get used - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Holger Marzen
Subject Re: How does Index Scan get used
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Samuel J. Sutjiono wrote:

[Please answer below cited parts.]

> No, I didn't.

If you don't do a "vacuum analyze" for a table after creating an index
then Postgres has not all the informations to optimize a query. "vaccum
analyze" is recommended on a regular basis. I do it every night.

--
PGP/GPG Key-ID:
http://blackhole.pca.dfn.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB5A1AFE1