Re: GIST - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: GIST
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christopher,

I'm sorry it's too late, but I haven't receive any messages from
postgres mailing lists for a month (don't know why). Just found your
message in archives.

GiST is a great thing, it's generalised search tree invented by
Hellerstein in 1995. It allows you to define custom data type,
index access to them and custom queries.
I have a little intro about GiST (not finished yest)
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/doc/intro.html
Also, at the bottom of http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/
there are several seminal papers for reading.
Regards,
    Oleg