Re: Problem involving checkbox and Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Chris Thompson
Subject Re: Problem involving checkbox and Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-php
Then check if($driving_required==1) { $bleh='t'} else { $bleh='f'}

On 20 Jun 2002, Jeff Self wrote:

> That only works if I leave the checkboxes checked. If I remove the
> check, I get the following error:
>
> Warning:  pg_exec() query failed:  ERROR:  Bad boolean external
> representation ''
>  in /var/www/nngov/admin/jobpostresults.php on line 66
>
> On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 13:39, Surojit Niyogi wrote:
> > Hi Jeff,
> >
> > Set the value parameter in the input tag
> >
> > <input type="checkbox"
> > name="driving_required" CHECKED value='1'>
> >
> > That should work I believe.
> >
> > -Surojit
> >
> > Jeff Self wrote:
> >
> > >I've got a table with a field called driving_required with a boolean
> > >type and default 'true'. I've built a web page which contains the
> > >following lines for displaying a checkbox:

> > >name="driving_required" CHECKED></td></tr>
> > >
> > >After the form is submitted, it calls a php file called
> > >jobpostresults.php which enters the data from the form into the database
> > >and displays the results on the page.
> > >
> > >Here's the section that enters the form data into the database:
> > >
> > >// Add Job Description Details
> > >$jddquery = "INSERT INTO job_description_details (description_id,
> > >effective_date, driving_required, submitted_on, submitted_by,
> > >sm_description, responsibilities, behaviors, skills, experience,
> > >requirements) VALUES
> >
>('$description_id','$effective_date','$driving_required',now(),'$submitted_by','$sm_description','$responsibilities','$behaviors','$skills','$experience','$requirements')";
> > >
> > >$jddresult = pg_exec($conn, $jddquery);
> > >if (!$jddresult)
> > >    exit;
> > >
> > >When I input the data and click on submit I get the following error
> > >message:
> > >
> > >Warning:  pg_exec() query failed:  ERROR:  Bad boolean external
> > >representation 'on'
> > > in /var/www/nngov/admin/jobpostresults.php on line 46
> > >
> > >It looks like the html form is producing 'on' for the value of
> > >driving_required. How do I get this changed to 'true' in PostgreSQL?

> > subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
> --
> Jeff Self
> Information Technology Analyst
> Department of Personnel
> City of Newport News
> 2400 Washington Avenue
> Newport News, VA 23607
> 757-926-6930

> --
> Virus scanned by edNET.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Any
offers or quotation of service are subject to formal specification.
Errors and omissions excepted.  Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of edNET or lightershade ltd. Finally, the
viruses.  edNET and lightershade ltd accepts no liability for any damage

Virus scanned by edNET.